Robin's Nest

Monday, July 16, 2018

Airports

Have you ever watched the Canadian tv program, 'Hello Goodbye'?  Because I find myself in a number of airports each year, it intrigued me when I first came across it. Being I'm a people watcher I understood a lot of the dynamics portrayed by the show. Many people at the airport read, or stare for hours at their ipad, or computer because you have to be there 8 hours or so before their flight. On the occasions when I'm the one travelling, I try to stay close to either the arrivals gate or the departure gate. I see people experiencing either excitment and over-joyed with tears or the departure with it's sad tears.

I imagine that these airport moments are only a reflection of what is awaiting us when we take our last departure. A beautiful friend experienced this a week ago. On the one hand, saying goodbye for the last time is always difficult. But on the other hand, if we believe all that the bible says, heaven's arrival will be an experience beyond anything we could ever imagine while we are still on this earth.  Maybe that has something to do with this scripture, where God tells us: 1 Corinthians 2:9, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him
My bible also tells me in Christ's own word, "In my father's house are many rooms. . . I am going to prepare a place for you, and when I do, I will come back to get you so that where I am, there you will be also". What a detailed description Jesus gives us.  This passage actually begins with an important line: 'Believe in God, believe also in Me".   As with Billy Graham, I'm not looking forward to the how but I am looking for the when moment. 'In the twinkling of an eye'... we will be with Him and all those who made the journey before us".

Knowing Christ as God is the key that opens the door to heaven. Are you ready?
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home