Robin's Nest

Sunday, November 12, 2017

When We All Get To Heaven


Have you ever want to sing what Frank Sinatra sang, "I did it my way"?  I believe we really want to say is we want to do it God's way.  But when I reflect back to how I arrived where I am today I have just a few people to thank for getting me here besides God. Beyond them I spent time talking to God and listening to what He had to say. He always told me to never give up and never take a back seat in my life. Then He called me.
Sometimes things we deal with every day are difficult. At other times, almost impossible. But impossible has seldom been part of my vocabularly. It might have seemed like a road block, but just as my GPS finds another route, so did God find it for me.
Early on in my faith journey and my journey thought life I seemed to always have a song to sing when things seemed beyond me. Almost every time I with my friend Val and he works on what to me seems impossible watch repair, he whistles. I guess his song it from Disney and Snow White, 'Whistle While You Work'. Mine just happens to be "Nothing Is Impossible", because it is that faith I have in God that drives me forward.
We don't get where we get to in life if we don't make it happen. I remember my first sermon and cringe at what it must have sounded like. Today, I learned from the first one and the second and the 5000 sermon. They are all steps in getting to where we will end up, and even now some are not great.
Like Billy Graham, when I get to heaven, I won't be preaching any more. And I can't be in the choir like Bev Shea, because I can't sing.  But what I would love to do for Jesus when I get to heaven is go around and welcome all those new arrivals who have loved Christ in their life. I would then invite them to come in and worship the King and hear what He has to say. What are your plans?

Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home