Robin's Nest

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Life's Journey



Ever gone on a long drive, without asking at least once, or twice, “Are we there yet?” Some trips are longer than others. Some due to what is going on in the vehicle just seem very long. By the way, this has nothing to do with wishing your life away. Maybe this is the real reason that God invented airplanes. Just kidding.
But seriously, over a lifetime, many of us go on many trips and for some reason the getting there seems to take longer than the coming home. It’s the same thing with going to school. You start in grade one and you say to yourself, ‘when will all this be over? You might even have said to yourself every day in math class, ‘when will this class ever end?’  That is except for those students that are in Karen’s math class.
Which leads me to another time in life when we ask ourselves when is it really over? A recent conversation I had with a couple of us old guys finally came around to that question about when is the right time to retire.  Work life can be a long journey where many times we ask ourselves when will all this work end. We all agreed we will decide when the time is right to say, ‘we’re done’. I’m so fortunate to be doing something that I love to do. Many of us in that conversation agreed, ‘we will know’.
When we reach that point, our lives will change and we will no longer be on the road but up in the stands cheering on those who are still on their journey. In my personal journey I have discovered there is more to driving along. Life is filled with obstacles we encounter while just driving, wrong turns, flat tires and even travellers who either get in our way or come along with us. And as long as I am on this journey, I know the best traveller I want with me is Jesus.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home