Robin's Nest

Monday, August 13, 2007

God sees the . . .


There were so many things about Sunday that moved my heart. There was music, and there were people, food, prayers and singing. But nothing moved me more then knowing God is ever, always, with us. He was there then, just as He is with you now as you read this.
This coming Sunday, for those people who are afraid of the roof falling in if they enter the church building, we will be celebrating our worship of God in the Pavilion at 10 a.m.. We do this every year in conjunction with the Harvest Carnival. Come and join us for more of the same. At the same time we will be able to enjoy nature surrounding us.
Nature has a way of telling us many things. We observe and wonder why it is the way it is. Then we try to replicate it in our lives. You do it, I do it and the campers sure do it. A few months ago I enjoyed a visit with Stan Johnson in front of his kitchen sink. No, we were not talking while doing dishes. We were watching the birds at his feeders just outside his kitchen window. It is fascinating to each of us.
Birds are funny. You probably already knew that and didn’t need me to tell you. Early the next day, after my visit with Stan, I filled my bird feeder before going about my morning chores. It wasn’t long before I heard some birds screeching. Turning around I caught sight of a blue Jay scaring off all the small birds. He was hungry and he did not want to share.
Then came the sparrows after the jays’ departure. Now as plain as they appear, they are wonderful to see come to the feeder. The reason is, once they know where food is, they tell all their friends. They don’t care if the food is in the next block or right here in front of the old bald guy. They tell everyone.
Seagulls are similar but with a twist. They not only tell all their friends there is food but they scream to scare the others away so they get all the food themselves. Almost like, “see what I have. You can’t have any!”.
Then it hits me. Here we are in our churches, keeping God to ourselves. It’s past time for us to share what we found. After all, there is lots of God’s love to go around. A good number of years ago, there was an ad campaign, “I Found It.” In concept is was a good one. The problem was, all these little businesses used it for a jumping off campaigns of their own. For a few weeks we saw the ads and wondered what they found. Then the whole ad came into view. I found it! I found Jesus and you can find Him to.
I have to ask myself if we have found it and want to keep it all to ourselves like the Blue Jay or the seagull. God calls us “go” and tell the world. But for one reason or another we don’t. We have the greatest gift the world has ever received and it is too bad we want to keep it for ourselves. So you people who have Christ, what are you going to do with Him this week?
Think of the sparrow, going and telling all the others as you sing.
God sees the little sparrow fall it meets His tender view,
If God so loves the little birds, I know He loves (all of us) me too.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home