Robin's Nest

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Spam/Scam



Is it just me or are you part of this computer problem I’m drowning in.  It seems like, in the last month or so I have been getting lots of email that have gone directly to my spam file. And I’m not just talking about the normal traffic that my computer detours to the spam parking lot.

Day after day, my spam file is getting as much traffic as my inbox. Interestingly many of them are offering me a free this or that. all because I am a loyal customer.  Do yourself a favour, don't open them. I started looking a little closer into a couple of these emails and the people are offering all kinds of free items. What I usually do is decide if I am actually a loyal customer or not. Here is what I thought about one that came in a week ago. As a loyal customer I could receive a wonderful loyalty gift or gift card just by replying to their email. Wait a minute, when was I last in their store Johannesburg South Africa?

Before we even consider opening one of these emails remember we have old sayings that still applies today. Not a long saying but it's so true; "Nothing In Life Is Free". I will repeat what needs to be emphasized; “Nothing”.  Some people I know would say I’m wrong. Some people say God forgave us and that is free. Grace, undeserved forgiveness they say.

Then I gently remind them forgiveness was not and is not free. It’s true, it didn’t cost us anything. It cost Jesus. He stepped in front of us and said to His Father, “I will pay the price for their sin”. Sinless Jesus was the only one who could pay the price. He died that we might have eternal life.  

Hear these words;

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,

In my place condemned He stood;

Sealed my pardon with His blood.

Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home