Robin's Nest

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

He Is There

Just the other night I happened to go outside for some now, unknown reason. It was a quite night. For those few moments I stood looking up and down the street. No cars, no people, nothing. Nothing to the left and nothing to the right there was only one other way to look. My eyes took me skyward. There in the expanse of that dark night I watched the twinkle of stars and the steady light reflecting off of the satalites.
My mind went off to the song, What a wonder You are. In an instant I discovered the presence of God in what I was witnessing. As far away as those stars are, God is there. He is so far out He can see it all. We, here in the city do not see the totality of all there is to see. Our city lights defuse those small distant stars and we only see the larger, closer ones. God sees them all. He is also closer. As the satalites orbit the earth I see God as being close enough He can watch us all. He can view all of us here on this earth. He can see the wars and conflicts. He observes the child sitting on the river bank staring down into the water searching for tadpoles. He can also see a pudgy baldheaded man standing alone looking up searching for Him.
At that moment, I realized, He was there beside me.
He is here, hallelujah!
He is here, amen!
He is here, holy, holy;
I will bless His name again.
He is here, listen closely;
Hear Him calling out your name.
He is here; you can touch Him.
You will never be the same.
Kirk Talley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home