Robin's Nest

Monday, June 15, 2020

All about Truth


Who do we believe? I mean, really? There are so many people out there with opinions (and that is all they are). Even the statistics l love, are wrong at times. Just recently I heard that many statistics are wrong or should I say it, made up. NO? Not that as well?

A long time ago I heard a line that should be so important to us but unfortunately, we have probably forgotten it. Here goes: “Never tell a lie. If you lie about something, you have to remember who you told and who those people told of what you lied about.” This means you have to have an amazing memory. 

That might be the reason many elected officials never answer many question but dance around the question. I love my job because it gives me opportunity to share the truth. God is real. The reason I say that is because it’s the truth. And if you like to know why I say this, read the following verse:   

John 8:32 “. . .Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” This was in relation to the words Jesus spoke. He was telling the people to listen to what He was saying. He wanted them to not just to hear what He said, but to think about it and test it for truth. But there was one more thing He was telling them. They need to live the truth.

Within this modern society there is just too many lies. Too many people want to think they know everything about everything. Unfortunately there are way too many individuals who don’t test for truth. They say, well this person is so smart; they should know what’s right.  When I was in seminary I wrote an article for one of my classes and I found a book that I thought could become the basis of what I was writing on. Little did I know, none of it was true. When I got the paper back, four big red letters greeted me: FAIL. He explained that all the information in the 400 page book was made up.

The Bible is truth, and it will help you find the truth even in a world of made up information. Always check the information because what some people say is good for us, sometimes is only good in their eyes. My bible has small print. There is so much in it, small print is what I have. And when someone tells us to read the small print, I pick up my bible. ‘The truth will set you . . . FREE.’

Something to think about

Rob  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home