Robin's Nest

Monday, January 15, 2007

I Didn't See That

Last week our world had opportunity to witness something it will not see again for approximately a million years. Passing by us was a meteor. They didn’t give us much information. The news item gave times and places in the sky to look. Here I was, prepared to see something I will never live long enough to see again. The night before, people had not only seen it, but they photographed it.
Next morning, up
early as I mentioned last week, I looked out the window only to be greeted by overcast skies. Disappointed with this I turned on the tv to see if I had opportunity to see it that evening. Again, they spoke of overcast skies. The forecast even said it will be the same the next day, the last day we would be able to see it.
I was crushed. I
felt just like the fellow cleaning his lenses in the commercial for eyeglass lenses, missed it! Not really. It would have been wonderful to see another evidence of God’s handiwork. We missed it. So what. This was not earth shattering and the world would not come to end just because we did not see it. And those who did see it the previous night were given a memory and pictures that were amazing to say the least.If you think about it for a moment, that’s all the time it takes, you can remember more then enough times where you miss seeing something. Someone calls out, “Did you see that.” Your answer seems to be a repeat of the day before, and the week before and every other before, “Nope, missed it.” Almost seems like a way of life for some of us.
Some reasons we miss things can be due to timing and at other times it relates to our ability to see. Maybe there is something in that campfire song, “mine eyes are dim I cannot see.”
I am again reminded of the early hours of my day. At five in the morning it is usually dark out. I can only see so much of the world from this side of the window. There are faint lines where I can distinguish what I already know is there. Once a month the moon helps the stars with our night vision and we can see more. I ask, isn’t life like this?
In those dark times of life, God supplies us with two things to guide us. First, there is just enough light from the stars and moon. Just enough light to see what we need to see. God does know best. He knows what we can take and He tells us all we need to know. We may think we need to know, or should I say, see more. This is where trust comes in. We must trust God with our
lives. Every bit of our lives. God’s vision is not limited by lack of light. He sees everything, even those things behind closed doors. He also can see our heart. He knows where we are and with a loving hand He guides us to safety and where we need to be. We don’t need to see more if God can see the whole thing.
God also supplies us with just enough vision to allow us to see what we need to see. My vision is no longer what it used to be. Age does that to most of us. You reach 40-45 years old and the doctor tells you, “You are at that age you know.” Again our vision is dependant on a God who has 20/20 vision and we trust Him as we see with our heart. Over the years, we learn more and more about who we are, who God is and how we are dependant on Him. This is a good thing. In life we depend on others as children and we depend on others as senior adults. In the middle, we think we can go it alone. Maybe this is a male thing. We feel our way through life and we tell ourselves we are good, and we can make it on my own. Let me reassure you. You haven’t. All along the way, God is there. He knows, and He sees for us.
If you feel like you are in the dark, let the light of Jesus Shine for you. And like Robert
Frost writes;
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
As you lay your head down tonight, remember the words of Isaiah, “Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon his God. Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home